IPSL Computing and Data Center - ESPRI - Introduction
The IPSL Computing and Data Center - ESPRI - is distibuted in 3 sites.
- Sorbonne University (SU) at Paris Jussieu campus.
- Polytechnic Institute of Paris (IPP) at Palaiseau campus.
- Versailles Saint-Quentin University (UVSQ) at Guyancourt campus.
ESPRI contains 3 computing clusters :
- 2 clusters for CPU analysis:
- 1 cluster for for GPU analysis:
- OS is Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- Job manager is SLURM 20.11.4
- Scientific Software installation is mostly managed by SPACK 0.17.1 or conda for python
- Environment modules 5.0.1 is used
- Nodes interconnection network is Mellanox Infiniband (56Gb/s,100Gb/s or 200Gb/s)
The ESPRI data center hosts a large number of data sets and allow distant access to several others. The data sets are organised in different filesystems and some require special access rights to be used.
You will find in this documentation the different information to use to make a good use of the ressources provided by the IPSL for your studies.
As your reading led you here, maybe you want to continue with the Quick Start page of the documentation.